Being pregnant, and having a newborn son or daughter in your family, are some of the most memorable moments of your life. Moments to look back on in years to come. Moments in time that go so quickly – before you know it that tiny baby you can hold in one hand will be a lively toddler charging around your house. You only get one chance to capture those very early days: when they’re gone, they’re gone for good.
There’s no substitute for top class images, beautifully displayed on your wall on a fabulous gallery block, or perhaps in an album or a personalised boxed set of prints with an engraved USB stick. The choice is entirely yours – what we can promise is that you’ll love the images that we create.
Long gone are the days when bumps were hidden away under loose fitting clothes. Now bumps are rightly seen as a thing of beauty, and it’s in that spirit that we approach our bump photoshoots. Elegance, style and beauty are the key words here. After a glamorous makeover (optional extra) we’ll photograph you in a choice of poses and two outfits and against various backgrounds, to ensure we get just the right images that suit your look and personality. And of course, we’ll be happy to include photographs of the proud father-to-be.
When you book (which we’d recommend you do from about 30 weeks) we’ll send you our user-friendly guide which will tell you everything you need to know to get the best out of your shoot.
The most important thing about photographing babies is, of course, their safety and well-being. That’s our paramount concern. We have a lot of experience with our own children – and grandchildren – as well as our tiny clients – and we know what we’re doing to ensure that your precious baby is safe at all times. From a studio heated to just the right temperature, to poses that will look great but won’t make baby uncomfortable, everything we do is based on the needs of your child.
The best time to photograph newborns is as soon as possible after birth – ideally we like to see them in their first two weeks, because that’s when they are sleepiest and least likely to wriggle! This usually means a booking before baby arrives, but that’s fine, we can adjust it if he or she is early or late. If your baby is a bit older, that’s not a problem, it will just mean we adjust our approach and the shots we take might be a little different – but they’ll be just as beautiful.
When you book (which we’d recommend you do from about 30 weeks or at your bump shoot, if you have one) we’ll send you our user-friendly guide which will tell you everything you need to know to get the best out of your shoot for you and your baby.
Maternity and newborn baby photoshoots – what’s included
- Full consultation to establish your requirements. This can be in person, by telephone or by email. It will include not only the type and style of image you want, but also what end product you are planning for – e,g, a piece of wall-art, an album, a framed print – as this will have an impact on the way we carry out the shoot.
- A photoshoot of around one hour (but as long as we need) in our pop-up studio, or in the omfort of your own home;
- Two looks/outfits (more if baby needs them!);
- All photographs are taken by our Creative Director Lisa Marie Gee. Lisa is normally assisted by Studio G photographer Robert Cragg, but for bump shoots, if you’d prefer not to have a man present that’s not a problem, just tell us;
- Full image editing/retouching to ensure that you are delighted with your finished product;
- Follow-up appointment in our viewing room to review and choose from a selection of your images.
Prices – and a very special offer. Maternity and newborn shoots are priced at £99 each, but if you book both, it’s just £150.
- Hair-styling and makeover are available as an optional extra at £60
Please note that these prices are for the preparation, shoot and editing of your photographs. Due to the extra time and work involved, compared to a standard photoshoot, they do not include any products, which you choose from our range. You are not under any obligation to buy anything, but we’re sure that you’ll want to.